It’s not too late to catch it if you missed the premier episode of Head of the Holler, a new video series produced by Berea College and aired on Kentucky Educational Television. Head of the Holler is a monthly series that examines issues facing Appalachia and features notable guests from the region. Renowned author and Kentucky native Silas House is interviewed in the first episode. He talks about growing up in eastern Kentucky, the inspirations for his best-selling novels, and his efforts to protect his own holler. Other shows in production will focus on topics such as storytelling, music, environmentalism, politics and education. Future guests include sociologist Bill Turner, artist and activist Pat Banks and Appalshop filmmaker Mimi Pickering.
The premier will air again at the following times.
• Thursday, August 19 at 9 am
• Thursday, August 19 at 9 pm
• Friday, August 20 at 2 pm
• Saturday, August 21 at 1:29 pm
• Sunday, August 22 at 10:30 pm
• Monday, August 23 at 10:30 pm
• Friday, September 10 at 3 pm